St. Laurence School at a Glance
St. Laurence School is a welcoming community, embracing the variety of gifts each student has to offer as well as his/her specific needs. We strive to build self-confidence, responsibility, and a love for learning in each student. We consider each student unique and full of potential! At St .Laurence School, young people learn the importance of education and strive to incorporate all aspects of learning into their daily lives. Jesus Christ is the very center of our life and it is through Him that we learn and grow!
Highlights of what our school has to offer:
- We are committed to the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Church
- A faculty dedicated to their profession and a staff comprised of Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and lay personnel, all of whom support our Mission Statement
- An atmosphere which fosters the practices of virtue, prayer and service
- A student body of more than 350 students in grades Pre-K through 8th grade, rich in diversity and representing diverse cultures, who reside in the parishes of Saint Laurence, Saint Alice and Saint Philomena as well as neighboring school districts
- Classrooms ranging in size from 20 to 30 students
- Programs of the Arts (music, Art Appreciation), Computer Science, Library skills and Physical Education in addition to the core curriculum
- A varied school lunch menu
- After-school activities and clubs
Saint Laurence School Mission Statement
Guided by the teachings of Jesus Christ, Saint Laurence School strives to respectfully recognize, celebrate, and educate its diverse school community. We are committed to academic excellence through a positive and challenging learning environment. We seek to develop the whole child, integrating Catholic values of service and respect for all God’s people. Through steadfast prayer and diligent work, our students will develop the skills to succeed as a 21st century learner.
We believe that:
• Christ is the reason for the existence of our school.
• Prayer is an essential part of the school.
• The teaching of Christian values is vital to personal growth.
• Cultural diversity enriches and strengthens our school community.
• Each child is unique and capable of learning through varied instructional practices.
• A safe environment is crucial to the learning process.
• Peacemaking promotes compassion to help children see the world through God’s eyes.
• High standards must be maintained through a system of accountability for all students, parents, faculty and staff.